When creating an indoor theater, the wiring must be kept simple in order to keep it neat and easy to maintain. I am a tinkerer so I am always moving things around. Buy your cables online(suggestions below) , the big electronics chains will be over priced and not big enough. Here is what I have as a kick of parts for my unfinished basement home theater:
- Hitachi projector - 2400lumens - ebay - $425.00.....bulb had 600hrs on it when got it.....400hrs left, If I use it 8 hours a week(which is alot) I will get a year out of it. link for best bulb replacement site below
- Yamaha RX-V565 Receiver - Plenty of inputs and power - $299.00
- Speakers - 2 Yamaha bookshelf speaker and a KLH surround kit....1 center speaker and two cube rear......I had these speakers but I have seen good speaker kits for under $300
- Verizon Fios cable box.....$5.00 a month
- Sony mini DVD player......$39 at BJ's
- Screen is 2x4 wrapped with Black Out fabric.....kind of like felt.....$30 at JoAnn fabrics
- The actual projection surface is my unfinished concrete wall paint with Behr's Silver Screen paint....flat....at Home Depot
- The WII is connected as well but because of the depth of the room only works with some games
- I also have a dedicated media computer connected for my movie and music library
Recommended sites for components:
Great reference site:
Please let me know if you need help!!!!
Next post will be the incredible 22ft outdoor theater!!!!!