Friday, February 25, 2011

My Love Affair! w/ tea

I have been cheating on my wife for 3+ years. It feels good to get that off my chest. My affair has been one of intense loyalty, disciplined engagement, and constant sharing. It has been daily. Often more than once a day. This relationship has changed my life in ways I could only dream of. I am of better mind, body and spirit. Let me start at the beginning.

Three and a half years ago I was entering into a time of my life where the whirlwind was beginning to get to me. I was often sick, moody and confrontational. My career was going fine, I was making money but the end game was very blurry. My spirituality was dull at best. I made a decision to take some small step to transform. I wanted to feel better about myself, thus be a better husband and father. Searching for something to begin with, enter GT.

GT was easy, available and made me feel good. I became almost addicted immediately. I began to read about all of the benefits of this arrangement. Before I knew it it was a month, 6 months, a year.

Green Tea......every day. That's it. I drink at least 1/2 gallon of Bigelow Green Tea everyday. You can pull up all the research you want but here is my results. During that time I have not been sick. No colds, flue, major headaches, GI problems......nothing. I do, however, know when my body is being infected by something. I begin to get symptoms, but they are gone within a couple of hours. My family will attest to this. It works.

Here is how I do it. I buy a box of 150 tea bags at Bj's Wholesale. It costs $7.99. I have not been able to find that particular quantity anywhere else. I open 16 bags, place them in a 4 cups of cold water in a Pyrex glass measuring cup and microwave it for 5 minutes. I let it stand for 3 minutes, then pour it into a gallon container. I then fill the cup up again with cold water making sure I run the water over the bags. I then pour that into the container. I fill the cup up again. this time I micro it for 5 minutes. Then repeat the above steps. I drink the tea iced like I would water. That is it.

My wife recently gave me a gift of Teavana's tea of the month club. This was an amazing gift. Once a day I brew this tea and have it hot.

So, what is the science behind this? I have not a clue. I know it has to do with antioxidants being removed from your system but I really don't care. And when I say I don't care, it is merely because for me, it works so there is no value in understanding the science behind it because I am not trying to sell it.

My wife still comes first, but the kids better watch out cause the tea is closing in!

If you decide to give it a try, please stop back and let me know your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment